Established in year 2009 by food loving enthusiast Mr Zaman who has over 30 years of experience in catering business with special interest in Indian cuisine. We started a new concept of Indian Cuisine in heart of Cardiff.
Our slogan is Indian cuisine Re-Invented. Within a year of launch we have gained loyal and appreciative customer base who love our unique food and varieties of Indian dishes we offer.
OWGLI, the adorable character in the famous jungle book was the inspiration behind our new restaurant. His memorable journey filled us with joy, excitement and fascination, one we hope to reflect with our unique menu and restaurant..
We have taken special care in ensuring low fat and naturally cooked food of the healthy delicacies from India and Bangladesh.
Our efforts have been recognised, appreciated by all who had a chance to taste our range of menu items. We are proud winner of the Five Star Ratings from travellers review websites such as tripadvisor.com
We have won the Food & Drinks Award 2012 and 2014 - Indian Restaurant of the year by South Wales ECHO our local newspaper. As recent as Jan 2017 we came Runners up in the same competition.
We were also nominated by South Wales ECHO for Restaurant of The Year 2010 just after we had started, a timely encouragement we very much appreciated and even today keeps us motivated.
Quality assurances measures are always our top priority. Our head chef himself prepares all food supported by highly skilled staff to ensure top quality and tasty food to satisfy your taste buds and ensure good food hygiene.
Our experience head chefs has joined us after gaining popularity in Hertfordshire. He has been awarded Food Hygiene Level FIVE and all other supporting staffs who are involved in handling food are qualified Level 3 in Food Hygiene.
Every person in our food handling area maintains a high standard of personal cleanliness and wears suitable, clean and where appropriate, protective clothing. Food premises is kept clean and maintained in good repair and condition. Clean means visually clean and free of particles. High risk work surfaces are cleaned at the end of each operation. Less risky surfaces, for example walls and extract ventilation, are also cleaned on a routine basis using disinfectant solution where appropriate.We strive for customer satisfaction by only using fresh ingredients. Fresh chicken fillets & fresh green vegetables from carefully vetted supplier is used in our food to guarantee customer satisfaction.
Please let us know if you need assistance in selecting a healthy balanced diet. Please choose a variety of foods that will help ensure we obtain wide range of nutrients our bodies need to remain healthy and function properly. Choosing different types of foods from the four basic group adds to the range of nutrients consumed.
Fine Dining - Indian Restaurant & Brasserie for Healthy Indian Cuisine
Ten things you may not know about Mowgli’s Indian restaurants
- They aim to give a new twist to Indian cuisine, here taste is king and presentation is amazing too.
- Healthy eating is a byword at Mowgli’s, they consistently have held five star food hygiene rating from Food Standards Agency.
- They only use fresh ingredients, sourced locally from a reputable grade-A produce supplier.
- Their most popular dish is Shagor Jhinga.
- Their most unusual dish is Fish Kalia.
- They like to come up with new dishes, recent additions are Lamb Hyderabad Special & Manupuri Garlic Chilli Chicken
- They are serial award winners of local SOUTH WALES ECHO FOOD AND DRINK AWARDS as well as Asian Food Awards 2014
- They cater full house bookings for special events, with total seating capacity of up-to 90 in their specious Crwys Road, Cathays branch restaurant.
- They took their name from a film favourite character jungle book
- They pride themselves on a service with a smile, will go extra mile to please customers.
Mowgli's Crews road